Client Legal Education Materials

Other Family Problems

2 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Assigning a Guardian for a Child or Adult

A legal guardian is someone who is appointed by the court to take responsibility for another person, known as a "ward." A ward can be either a child or an adult who for some reason cannot manage his own affairs. Although you can appoint a guardian in your will, the probate court is not obligated to accept your choice.

The Grandfamilies State Law and Policy Resource Center

Website of a serves as a national legal resource created to educate individuals about state laws and legislation in support of grandfamilies.

Back to top